- Former Cape cop faces stealing-by-deceit charge (6/18/17)3
- Jackson scores high in survey of residents; better streets, Aldi are high priorities (6/20/17)4
- Jackson woman accused of trying to hit another with her truck (6/15/17)
- Marble Hill mayor hires city manager without board approval (6/21/17)2
- Police search for two suspects in abduction, robbery case; victim found unharmed in Scott County field (6/16/17)1
- Cape man faces charges of victim tampering (6/18/17)
- Racial disparity of traffic stops inches upward in Cape (6/15/17)6
- Police: Cape abduction may have ties to Georgia homicide (6/18/17)5
- 3 drown in Southeast Missouri in three days (6/16/17)
- Two men accused of selling meth to undercover cop (6/22/17)
Time to put bitterness aside
To the editor:
In response to "Election reflections": Your editorial is wonderful. I hope the mandate President Bush was given will turn out to be good for every American. And I hope I never see another campaign as divisive as this one has been. Bush is the president for all of us, and I would hope all of us would wish him well. It is time for all the bitterness to be replaced by hope and support for all of our elected officials.
SUSAN BRYANT, East Prairie, Mo.