- Jackson man to cast electoral vote for Trump; others trying to dissuade him (11/29/16)51
- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Hotel chain president: City should regulate short-term lodging (11/27/16)16
- Former Cape council member dies, remembered as 'wonderful public servant' (11/29/16)1
- Woman accused in three robberies disguised herself as man (11/29/16)5
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)24
- Officers: Delta man dies during domestic dispute (11/28/16)1
- Business notebook: New store shows faith in Scott City district (11/28/16)
- Missouri chamber to honor Cape's John Mehner (11/30/16)6
- Men who pulled father, son from burning car near Naylor honored by highway patrol (12/1/16)
Time to put bitterness aside
To the editor:
In response to "Election reflections": Your editorial is wonderful. I hope the mandate President Bush was given will turn out to be good for every American. And I hope I never see another campaign as divisive as this one has been. Bush is the president for all of us, and I would hope all of us would wish him well. It is time for all the bitterness to be replaced by hope and support for all of our elected officials.
SUSAN BRYANT, East Prairie, Mo.