- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Time to put bitterness aside
To the editor:
In response to "Election reflections": Your editorial is wonderful. I hope the mandate President Bush was given will turn out to be good for every American. And I hope I never see another campaign as divisive as this one has been. Bush is the president for all of us, and I would hope all of us would wish him well. It is time for all the bitterness to be replaced by hope and support for all of our elected officials.
SUSAN BRYANT, East Prairie, Mo.