- Feds ask judge to impose $6.5 million punishment for Cape surgeon (12/7/17)9
- Harbor Freight Tools plans to move ahead with Cape Girardeau store (12/5/17)2
- Former Wimpy's Drive-In owner Freeman Lewis dies (12/9/17)2
- Business Notebook: Yule Log Cabin gets home feel honestly (12/4/17)
- Makeover at the movies: Transformation complete inside Cape theater (12/8/17)4
- Sugarfire Cape barbecue restaurant to open June 2018 (12/7/17)
- Fire displaces family of seven (12/5/17)1
- Fruitland Army veteran spends weeks helping in ravaged Puerto Rico (12/5/17)2
- Pedestrian struck on Broadway (12/11/17)4
- Jury convicts Scott City man who confessed to murder; girlfriend's testimony corroborates confession (12/9/17)
Time to put bitterness aside
To the editor:
In response to "Election reflections": Your editorial is wonderful. I hope the mandate President Bush was given will turn out to be good for every American. And I hope I never see another campaign as divisive as this one has been. Bush is the president for all of us, and I would hope all of us would wish him well. It is time for all the bitterness to be replaced by hope and support for all of our elected officials.
SUSAN BRYANT, East Prairie, Mo.