- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)10
- Woman sleeping in car accused of attacking Cape officer (7/26/16)13
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Prosecutor says shooting by state trooper was justified (7/24/16)15
- Former Scott City mayor refutes claims made about loss of curbside recycling pickup (7/26/16)
- Burglary of trailer leaves its residents homeless (7/27/16)4
- Cape resident gets seven years in prison for shooting at man (7/26/16)1
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)5
- Foot plots provide habitats and nutrition to attract wildlife, grow populations (7/18/16)
- City may spend extra park tax money on Cape Splash, skate park, other projects (7/25/16)10
Time to put bitterness aside
To the editor:
In response to "Election reflections": Your editorial is wonderful. I hope the mandate President Bush was given will turn out to be good for every American. And I hope I never see another campaign as divisive as this one has been. Bush is the president for all of us, and I would hope all of us would wish him well. It is time for all the bitterness to be replaced by hope and support for all of our elected officials.
SUSAN BRYANT, East Prairie, Mo.