- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)26
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Eagle Ridge boys win opener
Eagle Ridge Christian School opened its boys basketball season Monday with an 82-42 win over Twin Cities of Festus at home.
Joel Price led the Eagles with 30 points and 13 rebounds. T.J. Crowden scored 26 and added 10 rebounds, and Sandy Holmes scored 14.
Eagle Ridge's JV lost 36-31.
Eagle Ridge will be in action next against Gateway on Nov. 16 at home.
Central's girls junior high team beat Sikeston 54-33. Taylor Kern and Breia Twiggs scored 13 apiece. Central's B team lost 12-9.