- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Nona Mae Walls, 70, of Scott City died Tuesday, Feb. 3, 2009, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Jan. 1, 1939, at Chaffee, Mo., daughter of Elmer Dale and Dorothy Katherine Grojean Crites. She and James Curtis Walls were married May 13, 1961, in Memphis, Tenn. He died Dec. 13, 2007.
Walls was city and court clerk 25 years for Scott City, retiring in 2003. She was a member of St. Joseph Catholic Church and Scott City Women's Club.
Survivors include a son, Jerry Walls of St. Charles, Mo.; two daughters, Becky Strawn of Benton, Mo., Trisha Walls of Scott City; four brothers, Jerome Crites of Charleston, S.C., Jim Crites of Cahokia, Ill., David Crites of Columbia, Mo., Gregory Crites of Kansas City, Mo.; two sisters, Mary Ann Harris of Cape Girardeau, Judy Brashears of Scott City; five grandchildren; and four great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, a brother and two sisters.
Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. Thursday at St. Joseph Catholic Church. Parish prayers will be at 6.
Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Friday at the church, with the Rev. Oliver Clavin officiating. Burial will be in St. Joseph Cemetery.
Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Scott City is in charge of arrangements.