- Waller deemed competent to stand trial (1/11/17)5
- Young Elvis impersonator from Bernie performs on 'Ellen DeGeneres Show' (1/12/17)
- 113 drug tests at Jackson High net one instance of illicit usage (1/11/17)14
- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)7
- Two men shot after argument; houses also struck by bullets (1/12/17)21
- Imo's Pizza will be added to Rhodes 101 convenience store in Jackson (1/10/17)16
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)13
- Juvenile accused of stealing, damaging playground statue (1/9/17)25
- Two Cape men recovering after shooting (1/13/17)
- Business notebook: Faithfully Fed aims for more than just food (1/9/17)4
Where's the Gnome
The United Way's traveling gnome, How-We Live United, has recently gone missing while promoting Live United around Cape County.
"Everyone at the office is upset with the thought that How-We may never turn up," said Marketing Specialist Nicolette Brennan. "We have checked every location we can think of to find our little buddy and we haven't had any luck."
How-We has been working with United Way for several months as a mascot. The soft-spoken yet photogenic gnome has been all over Cape County during his employment with United Way. How-We has been to Big Brothers Big Sisters, Shivelbine's, Southeast Hospital, and many other businesses.
"We're very worried about How-We being out there in this cold winter weather," said Executive Director Nancy Jernigan, "I just hope that the community will be able to help locate him and get him back to his home away from home."
I have learned that How-We has been hoping his family would soon travel from Gnome Land to come live with him at the wonderful United Way offices. UW hopes that anyone that knows or suspects the gnome's whereabouts will come forward and help this pint-sized advocate return home.
How-We was last seen in the Jackson area at the Senior's Center and local banks. If you have any information please contact United Way at (573)334-9634.