- Sikeston singer moves on with 'The Voice' (10/16/17)
- Police chief, council: Cape Girardeau faces growing gun violence (10/17/17)4
- Politics to profits: Brothers launch new investing concept on Wall Street (10/19/17)1
- Load shift kills Jackson trucker (10/17/17)
- Developer asks court to OK tax district board for improvements near Hobby Lobby (10/17/17)4
- The last person to be laid to rest at Old Lorimier Cemetery: Mary Russell Fox (10/17/17)2
- Cape Christian School burglarized (10/18/17)
- Food Giant in Chaffee is robbed (10/17/17)
- Owner of dinosaur relics demands new board of directors, business plan at Bollinger County Museum (10/17/17)
- Cape's casino flourishing as it celebrates fifth year (10/22/17)3
Where's the Gnome
The United Way's traveling gnome, How-We Live United, has recently gone missing while promoting Live United around Cape County.
"Everyone at the office is upset with the thought that How-We may never turn up," said Marketing Specialist Nicolette Brennan. "We have checked every location we can think of to find our little buddy and we haven't had any luck."
How-We has been working with United Way for several months as a mascot. The soft-spoken yet photogenic gnome has been all over Cape County during his employment with United Way. How-We has been to Big Brothers Big Sisters, Shivelbine's, Southeast Hospital, and many other businesses.
"We're very worried about How-We being out there in this cold winter weather," said Executive Director Nancy Jernigan, "I just hope that the community will be able to help locate him and get him back to his home away from home."
I have learned that How-We has been hoping his family would soon travel from Gnome Land to come live with him at the wonderful United Way offices. UW hopes that anyone that knows or suspects the gnome's whereabouts will come forward and help this pint-sized advocate return home.
How-We was last seen in the Jackson area at the Senior's Center and local banks. If you have any information please contact United Way at (573)334-9634.