- How to save a life: Lifeguards resuscitated young girl at Cape Splash (8/17/17)2
- Woman's post about 'Back the Blue' sign in Jackson coffee shop prompts firing from nearby bar (8/15/17)11
- Chaffee man charged with attempting to have ex-wife killed (8/20/17)3
- Former Chaffee officer faces DWI charge (8/20/17)2
- Scott City school chief gets raise, while some teachers don't (8/17/17)6
- PBS crew filming in Cape; Glenn House to be featured (8/17/17)
- Jumbo size: Rhodes 101 sets a world record with 15-foot, 4,700 gallon drinking cup (8/21/17)3
- Scott City Council reinstates police chief (8/16/17)1
- Unions deliver signatures to block right-to-work in Missouri (8/20/17)40
- Woman dies in house fire in Cape Girardeau County (8/16/17)
Where's the Gnome
The United Way's traveling gnome, How-We Live United, has recently gone missing while promoting Live United around Cape County.
"Everyone at the office is upset with the thought that How-We may never turn up," said Marketing Specialist Nicolette Brennan. "We have checked every location we can think of to find our little buddy and we haven't had any luck."
How-We has been working with United Way for several months as a mascot. The soft-spoken yet photogenic gnome has been all over Cape County during his employment with United Way. How-We has been to Big Brothers Big Sisters, Shivelbine's, Southeast Hospital, and many other businesses.
"We're very worried about How-We being out there in this cold winter weather," said Executive Director Nancy Jernigan, "I just hope that the community will be able to help locate him and get him back to his home away from home."
I have learned that How-We has been hoping his family would soon travel from Gnome Land to come live with him at the wonderful United Way offices. UW hopes that anyone that knows or suspects the gnome's whereabouts will come forward and help this pint-sized advocate return home.
How-We was last seen in the Jackson area at the Senior's Center and local banks. If you have any information please contact United Way at (573)334-9634.