- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Red Cross update
The Southeast Missouri Chapter of the American Red Cross continues to offer shelter and food.
As of Sunday, more than 1,200 people had used the shelters and more than 5,000 meals had been provided through the Red Cross by the Salvation Army, Southern Baptist feeding units, other volunteers and businesses.
Those needing to leave their home are reminded to:
- Notify family and friends where you will be staying.
- Take along emergency and family contact phone numbers.
- Take along medications and personal care items.
- Bring your own food if you have special dietary needs.
- Bring a book or games to pass the time, especially for children.
- Turn off all home appliances and electronics to avoid fire hazards once power is restored.
These shelters are open in the following counties:
Lilbourn VFW Hall, 7183 Hwy D, Lilbourn
Portageville Middle School, 902 King Ave, Portageville
New Madrid Community Center, 1199 Mill St., New Madrid
Miner Baptist Church, 416 Hwy H, Miner
Sikeston Field House, 300 Pine, Sikeston
American Legion Hall, First Street, Kennett
Calvary Baptist Church. 201 E Lincoln, Hayti
Salvation Army Shelter, 701 Good Hope St., Cape Girardeau
If you have been affected by the ice storm, you are encouraged to call the Red Cross hotline at 866-438-4636 for more information.