- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
CAIRO, Ill. -- Robert D. Satterfield, 78, of Cairo died Monday, Jan. 26, 2009, at Daystar Care Center in Cairo.
He was born Feb. 4, 1930, in Cairo, son of Louis Lloyd and Ima Louise Atherton Satterfield. He married Mary Ruth McGinness.
Satterfield was a member and deacon of First Southern Baptist Church in Cairo and was the retired owner of Satterfield Insurance Agency and Real Estate Co. in Cairo. He was a veteran who served in the U.S. Army.
Satterfield was a member and past president of the Cairo Rotary Club, where he was also a Paul Harris Fellow.
He was a member and past master of Cairo AF & AM Lodge No. 237, past commander of Knights Templar of Cairo and a member of Ainad Shrine Temple of East St. Louis, Ill. He was also past director of the Security Bank and Trust Co. of Cairo and the Tamms State Bank of Cairo. Satterfield was a past president of the Cairo Chamber of Commerce and served on the board of directors for the Cairo Historical Association and Community Health Services.
Survivors include his wife of Cairo.
Friends may call from 4 to 7 p.m. Monday at First Southern Baptist Church in Cairo.
Funeral will be at 11 a.m. Tuesday at the church, with the Rev. Tom Hoskins officiating.
Interment will be in Sikeston Memorial Park Cemetery in Sikeston, Mo.
Barkett Funeral Home in Cairo is in charge of arrangements.