- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Larry Don Schwepker, 69, of Delta died Friday, Jan. 30, 2009, at home.
He was born Oct. 19, 1939, at Delta, son of Earnest H. and Adath Amos Schwepker. He and Nelda Jean Sparkman were married in 1959. He later married Sharon Ann Braun.
Schwepker graduated from Delta High School in 1957.
He was a U.S. Air Force veteran who served from May 1957 to May 1961 as a jet engine mechanic. After the military, Schwepker lived in Delta and worked for Anderson Clark, Pepsi and Hostess Cake Co. He then started the Clean-Rite Janitorial Service, retiring from his business.
Schwepker was a member of the First Baptist Church of Delta. He was a founding member of the Delta Volunteer Fire Department, a board member and an active firefighter.
Survivors include a daughter, Kim (Bruce) King of Jackson; two grandchildren, River and Forest; a sister and brother-in-law, Barbara Schwepker and John Sachen of Cape Girardeau; five nieces, Jamie Rushing (Harold) of Columbia, Ill., Caprice Lawrence (Jim) of Alabaster, Ala., Johnna Sachen of Chicago, Bethany Sachen of St. Louis, Valentine Buttice (Tony) of St. Louis; a nephew, Ernie Schwepker (Gloria) of Poplar Bluff, Mo.; and 10 great-nieces and nephews, Mary Murphy (Brian), Laura Murphy (Brent), Tom Mauer (Denise), Mariah, Jack, Henry and Emme Lawrence, Violet Sachen-Hoover, Gabby and Tony Buttice.
He was preceded in death by his parents and two brothers, Webster and Jimmy Jr.
Friends may call from 5 to 7 p.m. Tuesday at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee.
A memorial service will be held at 7 p.m. at the chapel, with the Rev. Eric Hodge officiating.
Interment will be Wednesday at the Missouri Veterans Cemetery in Bloomfield, Mo. The Missouri Honors Team will provide full military rites.
In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to the Experimental Aircraft Association, c/o Barb Schwepker, 222 Bellevue St., Cape Girardeau, Mo., 63701.