- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
SIKESTON, Mo. -- Mary Martha Powell, 82, of Sikeston died Friday, Nov. 5, 2004, at her home.
She was born Dec. 3, 1921, at Matthews, Mo., daughter of Charles Edward and Donnie Oliver McCormick. She and Ameil J. Powell were married Oct. 23, 1956. He died April 21, 2004.
Powell lived in Charleston, Mo., most of her life, moving to Sikeston 30 years ago. She was a member of Elm Street Baptist Church in Charleston.
Survivors include two sons, Ameil "Jimmy" Powell of Charleston, Larry Lynn of Ervin, N.C.; four daughters, Janet McMillan, Karen Stallings, Mary "Doddie" Vaughn, all of Sikeston, Peggy Jepsen of Charleston; a sister, Roberta Stagner of Poplar Bluff, Mo.; four grandchildren; and three great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a grandson, two brothers and two sisters.
Friends may call at McMikle Funeral Home in Charleston from 5 to 8 p.m. Sunday.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Monday at the funeral home, with David Craig officiating. Burial will be in Memorial Park Cemetery at Sikeston.