- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Lee Ida Hitt Boos, 91, of Cape Girardeau died Tuesday, Jan. 27, 2009, at her home.
She was born Jan. 9, 1918, in Missouri, daughter of Emory and Ida Wendel Hitt. She and Raymond J. Boos were married June 28, 1947, at Cape Girardeau. He died Dec. 27, 1996.
Boos was a member of St. Vincent Catholic Church all her life. She was a 1946 graduate of St. Mary High School.
Survivors include five sons, R. John Boos and Theodore Boos, both of Cape Girardeau, Don Boos of Jefferson City, Mo., Tom Boos of Columbia, Mo., Joe Boos of Gordonville; three daughters, Mary Boos and Margaret Wells, both of Cape Girardeau, Joan Dunning of Jackson; three brothers, Wendel Sullivan of Sturgeon, Mo., Harry Sullivan and Joseph Sullivan of Cape Girardeau; 14 grandchildren; and four great- grandchildren.
She was preceded in death five brothers and two sisters.
Friends may call from 10 a.m. to noon Friday at St. Vincent de Paul Church.
Funeral Mass will be at noon Friday at the church, with the Rev. Saviour Nundwe officiating. Burial will be in St. Mary Cemetery in Cape Girardeau.
Ford and Sons Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.