- Business notebook: Cape native goes from farm to mobile-food operation (3/20/17)1
- Three out, including city administrator, at Scott City; two resigned, one fired (3/16/17)1
- Several tournaments already booked at Sportsplex (3/16/17)6
- Legal discrimination complaint, ethics complaint filed in Scott City government (3/22/17)9
- Former Scott City administrator: 'I was forced to resign' (3/21/17)6
- Cairo man pleads guilty to bank murders (3/17/17)1
- Two people found dead in Advance house fire (3/21/17)
- Triplett manslaughter case set for July 2018 (3/21/17)2
- Two local lawmakers back charter school bill; Perryville lawmaker objects to measure (3/19/17)19
- Two Cape men charged with second-degree murder of Grandi (3/21/17)2
Moral fight still isn't over
To the editor;
The true victory that came out of this election was the fact that we made a difference. If you listened to the news reports, one common theme was repeated over and over: one of the main reasons the Republicans won was the solid vote of the people to preserve the moral principles in this country. Moral principals have nothing to do with money. Trust in Jesus for that.
At the next election, I would love to have the choice of electing a politician from either party who will stand up for the rights of the unborn and the sanctity of marriage, a candidate who recognizes the immorality of human cloning and the rights of the elderly who become inconvenient as so many babies seem to be.
But the fight is not over, it has just begun. We must get on the offensive. We must let the politicians know that we listen to what the church teaches about morality. We want laws that protect our values. If candidates cannot support moral laws, then we will vote someone in who will.
Tell your friends and family that the ball is in our court. We now must let all those in Congress and the political process know we are a voice to be heard. Please spread the word. We have our foot in the door. If we miss this chance, I will not say shame on me. I will say shame on you.
GERARD MACKE, Leopold, Mo.