- Waller deemed competent to stand trial (1/11/17)5
- Young Elvis impersonator from Bernie performs on 'Ellen DeGeneres Show' (1/12/17)
- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)7
- 113 drug tests at Jackson High net one instance of illicit usage (1/11/17)15
- Two men shot after argument; houses also struck by bullets (1/12/17)21
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)14
- Two Cape men recovering after shooting (1/13/17)
- Imo's Pizza will be added to Rhodes 101 convenience store in Jackson (1/10/17)16
- Wallingford proposes bill to collect sales taxes on online purchases (1/11/17)30
Good service represents city well
On Oct. 9 while traveling cross-country, my truck lost fifth gear. As you know, any car trouble can be a nightmare while traveling. We saw the Auffenberg Chrysler/Dodge sign in Cape Girardeau as a possible answer to our plight.
I explained my problem to the salesman but had missed the mechanics. We knew it would be Monday before the mechanics could look at my truck. The salesman set us up with a rental and then helped us find a place to stay. We have a small dog so we had to call several places to find one that accepted pets.
On Monday, Auffenberg's mechanics went to work. They answered my questions on the transmission trouble and showed me the parts replaced. This is the type of service I expect from a dealership but don't always receive.
We stayed four days in your town. These days could have been a nightmare, but the people we met at Drury Suites, Pear Tree Inn, Red Lobster, Ryan's and many more businesses made our impromptu visit educational and entertaining. The staff and service we received through Auffenberg was top-notch. I have never received better service or assistance anywhere. Cape Girardeau should count itself fortunate to have businesses and people of this caliber to represent their community. Thank you.
SAMUEL D. THOMAS Jr., Excello, Mo.