- Two men accused of selling meth to undercover cop (6/22/17)
- Police: Man grabbed wheel, tried to kill driver and himself in Jackson crash (6/23/17)
- Jackson scores high in survey of residents; better streets, Aldi are high priorities (6/20/17)4
- Former Cape cop faces stealing-by-deceit charge (6/18/17)4
- Marble Hill mayor hires city manager without board approval (6/21/17)2
- Cape man faces charges of victim tampering (6/18/17)
- Two charged in theft of jewelry from Cape storage facility (6/23/17)1
- Library provides free lunches this summer (6/19/17)
- Fire destroys two greenhouses at Travelers Gazebo site in Cape (6/22/17)
- Annual SEMO District Fair event lineup announced (6/23/17)
Good service represents city well
On Oct. 9 while traveling cross-country, my truck lost fifth gear. As you know, any car trouble can be a nightmare while traveling. We saw the Auffenberg Chrysler/Dodge sign in Cape Girardeau as a possible answer to our plight.
I explained my problem to the salesman but had missed the mechanics. We knew it would be Monday before the mechanics could look at my truck. The salesman set us up with a rental and then helped us find a place to stay. We have a small dog so we had to call several places to find one that accepted pets.
On Monday, Auffenberg's mechanics went to work. They answered my questions on the transmission trouble and showed me the parts replaced. This is the type of service I expect from a dealership but don't always receive.
We stayed four days in your town. These days could have been a nightmare, but the people we met at Drury Suites, Pear Tree Inn, Red Lobster, Ryan's and many more businesses made our impromptu visit educational and entertaining. The staff and service we received through Auffenberg was top-notch. I have never received better service or assistance anywhere. Cape Girardeau should count itself fortunate to have businesses and people of this caliber to represent their community. Thank you.
SAMUEL D. THOMAS Jr., Excello, Mo.