- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Religion calendar 11/6/04
Stained-glass walking tour at 10 a.m. beginning at Centenary United Methodist Church. Stops include Centenary, First Presbyterian and Old St. Vincent Church. The event is part of a "Week of Worship Renewal" sponsored by the campus ministries at Southeast Missouri State University.
Worship experience at 12:30 p.m. as part of Week of Worship Renewal at Southeast Missouri State University. Student groups will meet on the Academic Terraces for performances in dance, drama, mime and spoken word.
Shiloh Baptist Church in Villa Ridge, Ill., will host a gospel singing service at 7 p.m. The Gloryroad Travelers and The Challengers are slated to perform.
First Baptist Church in Jackson will hold a celebration worship service at 9 a.m. at the Arena Building in Cape Girardeau. Worship is at 10 a.m., and a family lunch will be held at 11:45 a.m. The service is a concluding event for the "40 Days of Purpose" campaign. Childcare is available at the Arena Building and transportation is available at the church, beginning at 9 a.m.
All Saints Sunday service with communion and baptism will be held at 10:15 a.m. at Christ Episcopal Church.
Zion United Methodist Church in Gordonville will hold a celebration after its 10:30 a.m. worship service as part of its conclusion to the "40 Days of Purpose" campaign.
"Ever Ancient Ever New," a program on the Mass through the centuries, will be held during services at 11 a.m., 6 p.m. and 10 p.m. at the Newman Center at Southeast Missouri State University.
Cape County Christian Women's Club meets at 11 a.m. at Port Cape Girardeau. The meeting's theme is "American Heritage." For information, phone Bonnie Macket at 243-2866 or Pat Smart at 335-5525.
Performance by university's acapella choir at 12:15 p.m. at First Presbyterian Church. The performance is part of the "Week of Worship Renewal."
Kids Across Cape musical concert at 7 p.m. at the Arena Building. The concert includes a variety of Christian music performed by children ranging in age from 5 to 16 from four churches across Cape Girardeau. The performace is free
-- From staff reports