- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Jean Marie Chapman, 55, of Cape Girardeau died Sunday, Jan. 25, 2009, at her home.
She was born March 22, 1953, in Cape Girardeau, daughter of Elton O. and Mildred M. Mirly Dost. She and Steve Chapman were married Dec. 27, 1974, in Cape Girardeau.
She and her husband co-owned Shawnee Electric in Cape Girardeau. She was a member of Lynwood Baptist Church and active in Celebrate Recovery ministry and Chilton Baptist Builders.
Survivors include her husband, Steve Chapman of Cape Girardeau; a son, Jeff (Magin) Chapman of Tilsit, Mo.; a daughter, Amanda (Greg) Craft of Cape Girardeau; her mother, Mildred M. Mirly Dost of Shawneetown; a sister, Karen Nolan of Jackson; three brothers, Gary and Neal Dost of Shawneetown and Kenny Dost of Celebration, Fla.
She was preceded in death by her father, Elton O. Dost.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. today at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Wednesday at Lynwood Baptist Church, with the Rev. Jim Hylton officiating. Burial will be in Cape County Memorial Park.
Memorials may be made to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, 501 St. Jude Place, Memphis, Tenn., 38105.