- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
* Southeast camps: The Southeast Missouri State baseball program will host two prospect camps at Houck Field House for teens age 13 through seniors in high school Saturday and Sunday and Feb. 7 and 8. Cost: $95. Campers must bring their own workout gear. Info: 986-6002.
* Grizzlies game: The Cape Girardeau Parks and Recreation Department will host a trip to Memphis, Tenn., for the Memphis Grizzlies vs. Los Angeles Lakers game Saturday. The game is scheduled to tip off at 7 p.m. The bus will leave the Osage Community Centre at 1 p.m. and arrive on Beale Street in Memphis around 4 p.m. Cost: $60, which includes a ticket to the game and transportation to the game. Info or to register: Parks and Recreation Department, 335-5421.
* Performance clinic: The Cape Girardeau Parks Development Foundation will offer a six-week clinic conducted by Rick Hetzel. It will provide participants with an overview of the proper exercises and conditioning to improve upper and lower body strength, as well as basic yoga for flexibility and motion. Video analysis of each participant's swing and setup will be provided. Sessions also include instruction on the basic fundamentals of putting, chipping and pitch shots. Sessions begin today and run through March 28. Times are available 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday, as well as 8 a.m. to noon Saturday. Cost: $185 for an adult, $150 for 18 and under. Info or to register: Rick Hetzel, 279-0090 or Jared Tanz, 334-2031.
* Presidents Day 5K: The Allen Laws Oliver Chapter of the Missouri Society of the National Society Sons of the American Revolution will hold its Presidents Day 5-kilometer run Feb. 14 at the Red Star Baptist Church in Cape Girardeau. Registration is from 7:15 to 7:45 a.m., with the race scheduled to begin at 8 a.m. Cost: $12 by Feb. 13, $15 on race day. Info: 576-6880.
* JAOSA registration: Spring registration for the Jackson Area Organized Soccer Association is under way. Registration times are 6 to 8 p.m. Wednesday at Nearly Perfect Shoes and 9 a.m. to noon Saturday at Class Act Family Fitness Center. Players must be 4 years old on or before Dec. 31, 2008. There will be boys and girls divisions. The season begins Feb. 28, and more information is available online at www.jaosa.org.
* Southeast clinic: The Southeast Missouri State softball program will host a winter clinic concentrating on pitching, hitting and catching at Houck Field House. It is designed for girls ages 8 through 18. It will be from 1 to 4 p.m. Feb. 7 and 8. Cost: $60. Campers must bring their own workout gear. No cleats are permitted inside Houck Field House. Info: 986-6730 or 651-2993. Registration forms are available at gosoutheast.com.
* Juniors tournament: The Jammin Juniors indoor tournament will take place Feb. 14 and 15 at the Class Act Family Fitness Center in Jackson. There will be singles and doubles for boys and girls in categories to age 18. Deadline: Feb. 11. Cost: $20 for singles, $15 for doubles, with T-shirt and balls provided. Info or to register: Shawn McNally, 243-0136.
* Fundamentals clinic: The Cape Girardeau Parks and Recreation Department and Southeast Missouri State University will hold a fundamentals of volleyball class Saturday at the Osage Community Centre. It will run from 9 to 11 a.m., and is open to boys and girls ages 7 to 13. Cost: $12, which includes a T-shirt. Deadline: today at 5 p.m. Info: Amy Roth, 334-2859.
* Optimist league registration: Registration for the Jackson Boys Optimist Wrestling Little League will take place 6 to 7:30 p.m. Wednesday and Thursday at the Jackson High School multipurpose gym. The league will run from Feb. 23 to March 25, with a tournament March 26 to 28. Wrestlers must be present to weigh in at registration. Cost: $40. Info: Matt Wendel, 204-1179.
Submit items by mail, fax or e-mail before noon each Wednesday to be included in the calendar.