- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
CHAFFEE, Mo. — Mildred "Midge" Davis, 95, of Chaffee died Saturday, Jan. 24, 2009, at the Chaffee Nursing Center.
She was born March 5, 1913, in London, Ark., daughter of Marvin and Minnie Jones Brown. She and Gradon S. Davis Sr. were married Feb. 17, 1948. He died May 13, 2004.
She worked at Matthews Grocery Store in Randles until retiring. She was a member of the General Baptist Church in Randles.
Survivors include three sons, Charles Crowden of Allenville, Mo., Gradon "Butch" Davis and Randy Davis, both of Chaffee; four daughters, Glenda Blue, Doris Parker, Norma Parker and Debbie Cook, all of Chaffee; 38 grandchildren; 100 great-grandchildren; and 51 great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by two sons, two daughters, a great-grandson, two brothers and a sister.
Friends may call at 11 a.m. Wednesday at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Luther Rhodes officiating.
Burial will be in Union Park Cemetery in Chaffee.