- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)26
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
What's happening today 1/25/09
Book signing held at Barnes & Noble
Author Laura Benedict will be at the West Park Mall to sign her new book, "Calling Mr. Lonely Hearts." Benedict also penned "Isabella Moon" and "Surreal South." She will be signing her works at 2 p.m. at Barnes & Noble.
St. Augustine School has sausage breakfast
Sponsored by St. Augustine Home and School, a breakfast including sausage, scrambled eggs, biscuits and gravy, and fruit will be served from 7:30 to 11:30 a.m. at St. Augustine Home and School. Children younger than 6 eat free.
Rotarians host third annual bowling classic
Bowlers will receive three games of bowling including shoes, free soda, $5 medium pizzas and T-shirt for first 100 entrants to the Jackson Rotary Club bowling tournament. There will be 50/50 drawings, contests and door prizes. The tournament will be from 3 to 7 p.m. at Main Street Lanes in Jackson. For more information or registration, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.