- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Sorrells - Horrell
EAST PRAIRIE, Mo. -- Jennifer Lynn Sorrells and Andrew Michael Horrell were married April 19, 2008, at Nelson Memorial United Methodist Church in East Prairie. The Rev. Jim Norris of Jackson, grandfather of the bride, and the Rev. James Schaefer of Ozora, Mo., performed the ceremony. Reader was Kelly Spies of Whitewater. Pianist was Nancy Bird and vocalist was Kevin Mainord, both of East Prairie.
The bride is the daughter of Robert and Dena Sorrells of East Prairie. The groom is the son of Michael and Frances Horrell of Ste. Genevieve, Mo., formerly of Chaffee, Mo.
Maid of honor was Julie Horrell of St. Charles, Mo., sister of the groom. Bridesmaids were Krystal Hubbuch and Deborah Peters of St. Louis, Janelle Weiler of Ste. Genevieve, Nikki Harvel of Atlanta, Ga., and Scarlett Loomas of Sikeston, Mo.
Eric Horrell of Ste. Genevieve was his brother's best man. Groomsmen were John Sorrells of East Prairie, brother of the bride; Ryan Weatherspoon of St. Charles, Jeremy Weiler and Jonathan Gettinger of Ste. Genevieve, and Bryan Kelpe of Cape Girardeau. Ushers were Patrick Umphenour of St. Charles, and Trey Norris of St. Louis, cousin of the bride.
Candlelighter and guest book attendant was Natalie Ruesler of Jackson.
Ringbearer was Kolton Spies, son of Ritchie and Kelly Spies and godson of the groom.
A dinner and dance reception was held at Cape Girardeau Country Club.
The rehearsal dinner was held April 18 at Top of the Town Banquet Room in East Prairie.
Mrs. Horrell is a 2002 graduate of East Prairie High School. She received a bachelor of science degree in agribusiness from Southeast Missouri State University in 2006. She is a sales consultant with AT&T in Farmington, Mo.
The groom is a 1997 graduate of Valle High School. He received a bachelor of science degree in geoscience from Southeast in 2001. He is a staff geologist at Golder Associates Inc. in St. Charles.
After a wedding trip to Key West, Fla., the couple is residing in Ste. Genevieve.