- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Glenallen man jailed on sexual assault charges
MARBLE HILL, Mo. -- A Glenallen, Mo., man is in the Bollinger County jail for allegedly sexually assaulting his daughter -- a 22-day-old infant.
According to a probable cause affidavit from the Bollinger County Sheriff's Department, Troy A. Dukes, 34, has been charged with child molestation, statutory sodomy and incest -- all felonies.
According to the statement, a relative noticed bleeding and bruising when she was changing the baby's diaper. The child's mother took her to Saint Francis Medical Center's emergency room. The Division of Family Services was notified, and Kiara Taylor-Paine with the DFS called the sheriff's department, who arrested Dukes.
Dukes allegedly stated that he was alone with the baby changing her diaper when he digitally penetrated her up to his knuckle. He then told the sheriff's deputy that when the baby wouldn't stop crying he spanked her, causing the bruising to her bottom.
Dukes remains in jail in lieu of a bond of $100,000, cash only.