- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)39
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Marble Hill man charged with child molestation, statutory rape
MARBLE HILL, Mo. -- A Marble Hill man faces child molestation and statutory rape charges in connection with an incident that occurred in October, according to a probable cause statement written and signed by Bollinger County Deputy Travis W. Rainey.
Brandon E. Johnson, 20, was arrested on Jan. 21 after Bollinger County Prosecuting Attorney Stephen Gray filed charges in the case.
The alleged adolescent victim in the case stated during an interview at the Southeast Missouri Network Against Sexual Violence that she'd had consensual intercourse with a male matching Johnson's description, the statement said.
The victim said the man's name was "Brandon," according to the sworn statement. Johnson waived his Miranda Rights during an interview with police and gave a voluntary statement placing himself at the scene on the date the victim said the encounter occurred, the probable cause statement said.
Johnson also admitted to having met the victim, the statement said.
An arraignment is scheduled for Wednesday at 9 a.m.