- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Man shoots at police, kills himself
ST. LOUIS -- A man in a stolen car and wearing body armor shot at police early Wednesday at a conservation area before fatally shooting himself, investigators said.
St. Louis County police did not say why Ryan Arnold, 26, of Florissant, was wearing a bullet-resistant vest or why he opened fire shortly before 1 a.m. at the Missouri state conservation area.
Investigators said when officers encountered Arnold he leaned out the window and fired a handgun several times at the officers, with one bullet shattering the light bar on one of the police cruisers. Officers returned fire, though Arnold ultimately shot and killed himself at the scene, police said.
Neither officer was injured.