- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
OVC honors Redhawks' Terry, Brewer
Two Southeast Missouri State track athletes have been honored by the Ohio Valley Conference.
Tyler Terry is the male field athlete of the week, while Shemeika Brewer is the co-female field athlete of the week.
Terry, a sophomore from Central High School, was third in the long jump and fifth in the triple jump at a meet hosted by Southern Illinois.
Terry has the top long jump in the OVC so far this indoor season (24 feet, 1 inch) and he has the second-best triple jump (46-10 3/4).
Brewer, a freshman, was second in the triple jump at the SIU meet. Her distance of 38-7 1/2 is the best in the OVC this year.
Southeast's track teams compete Saturday at the Illinois State Invitational.
-- From staff reports