- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Morley couple faces meth charges
BENTON, Mo. -- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter said Wednesday that a Morley, Mo., couple is in custody pending the filing of charges related to a methamphetamine lab discovered in Chaffee, Mo.
Walter said Chaffee police officers Jason Hammontree and Chad Nixon, acting on a tip from a resident, responded to what was supposed to be a vacant residence in the 100 block of Parker Street. A man inside the residence attempted to flee but was apprehended by officers.
Scott County deputies Mike Little and Chuck Howard responded to the residence to assist Chaffee officers in taking down the methamphetamine lab. Walter said the lab appeared to be a shake-and-bake lab, which is becoming more common in the area.