- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Jackson Board of Aldermen action
The Jackson Board of Aldermen took the following actions at its regular meeting Tuesday:
* Approved the power and light committee's semiannual financial statement ending Dec. 31.
* Approved an extension of the contract period with the Jackson Area Youth Football League and ASA Asphalt Inc. of Advance, Mo., to Jan. 1, 2010, for completion of the Jackson Football Park improvement project.
* Approved a voluntary annexation petition from the Missouri Department of Transportation for portions of the Interstate 55 and U.S. 61 rights of way and set a public hearing for 7:30 p.m. Feb. 17.
* Approved an ordinance accepting the dedication of a temporary construction easement deed from Richard and Aleda Phillips.
* Approved an ordinance amending Chapter 11, Article V, of the Code of Ordinances regarding flood-plain management.