- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
DENVER — Mary W. Smith, 78, of Denver died Wednesday, Jan. 14, 2009, at Briarwood Nursing Home in Denver.
She was born May 27, 1930, in Fort Morgan, Colo., daughter of David H. and Johanna W. Schnegelberger Keller.
Mrs. Smith retired from U.S. West Mountain Bell Co. She was a member of Immaculate Conception Cathedral in Denver and a lifetime member of Mountain Telephone Pioneers.
Survivors include a son, Michael E. Smith of Cape Girardeau; a sister, Kathleen Penny; and a granddaughter, Rachel Anne Orr of Cape Girardeau.
She was preceded in death by her parents and a brother, Robert O. Keller of Chesapeake, Va.
There is no visitation.
The funeral will be at 3:30 p.m. Thursday at St. Mary's Cathedral in Cape Girardeau. Burial will be in St. Mary's Cemetery.
Ford and Sons Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.