- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Kathy L. Hahs, 51, of Cape Girardeau passed away Monday, Jan. 19, 2009, at Monticello House in Jackson.
She was born Feb. 2, 1957, in Cape Girardeau, daughter of the late Truman P. and Frances Kasten Hahs of Oak Ridge.
Kathy was a 1975 graduate of Oak Ridge High School. She received a bachelor of science degree in business administration from Southeast Missouri State University in 1979. She had worked in the accounting department at the Southeast Missourian newspaper and was a lifelong member of Zion United Methodist Church in Old Appleton, Mo.
Loving survivors include a brother, Ron (Beverly) Hahs of Cape Girardeau; three sisters, Carol (Norm) Meyer of Louisville, Ky., Nancy (Bob) Adelsberger of High Ridge, Mo., Janet (Don) White of Garland, Texas; several nieces and nephews.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. today and from 8:30 a.m. to service time Wednesday at McCombs Funeral Home in Jackson.
The funeral will be at 1:30 p.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Janet Hopkins and the Rev. James Brice officiating. Interment will be in Cape County Memorial Park.
Memorials may be made to Zion United Methodist Church, 151 Zion Church Road, Old Appleton, Mo., 63770, or ALS Association, 2258 Weldon Parkway, St. Louis, Mo., 63146-3206.
Online condolences may be sent to the family by visiting the McCombs Funeral Home website at www.mccombsfuneralhome.com.