- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Mildred Francis McMillan Hitt, 79, of Perryville passed away Monday, Jan. 19, 2009, at Independence Care Center in Perryville.
She was born Sept. 22, 1929, at Neelys Landing, daughter of August and Louise Hesse Ackman. She and Melvin G. McMillan were married Oct. 11, 1946. She and Harold Hitt were married Nov. 23, 1976. He preceded her in death Feb. 5, 2001.
Mildred was a member of Grace Lutheran Church in Uniontown, Mo. She was a longtime dairy farmer, starting in 1949 in Cape Girardeau County and later moving the dairy farm to Perry County in 1965. She worked at Southeast Missouri Hospital as housekeeping supervisor and also at the former Sewing's Restaurant at Old Appleton.
Loving survivors include a daughter, Marcella (Bill) Meyer of Perryville; a son, Marvin (Sharon) McMillan of Friedheim; a stepson, Ron (Linda) Hitt of Jackson; a stepdaughter, Bonnie (Keith) Blechle of Jackson; four sisters, Sharon (Norman) Chapman of Cape Girardeau; Burna Walker of Jackson; Velma (Robert) Shepard of Cape Girardeau; Zeta Simms of Chaffee, Mo.; a sister-in-law, Geraldine Ackman of Sikeston, Mo.; five grandchildren; four stepgrandchildren; seven great-grandchildren; and three great-stepgrandsons.
She was preceded in death by her husband; two brothers, Gary and Wayland Ackman; a sister, Wanda Ackman; a grandson; and a stepgranddaughter.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. today at McCombs Funeral Home in Jackson.
The funeral will be at 10:30 a.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Paul Winningham officiating. Interment will follow in Russell Heights Cemetery in Jackson.
Memorials may be made to Grace Lutheran Church Building Fund.
Online condolences may be made to the family by visiting the McCombs Funeral Home website at www.mccombsfuneralhome.com.