- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)31
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Elizabeth Ann "Beth" Rodgers, 40, of Centralia, Ill., formerly of Cape Girardeau, passed away Sunday, Jan. 18, 2009, at her home.
She is the daughter of Charles and Janet Wood Lemons.
Survivors include two daughters, Alexsa (Aaron) Johnson of Poplar Bluff, Mo., Paige Rodgers of Centralia; a son, Michael Rodgers of Centralia; her mother and stepfather, Janet and Jerry Klenn of Doniphan, Mo.; her father of Dallas; a brother, Mark (Stephanie) Lemons of Peachtree City, Ga.; three grandchildren, Maliek Clinton and Aaryn Johnson; life partner, Teddy Phillips; his son, Billy (Erica) Phillips of Richmond, Ky., and their children, Lexie and Zoe Phillips and Trey Lowery.
She was preceded in death by her grandparents, Thomas B. and Dorothy A. Wood, and an aunt, Carol J. Wood.
Beth was a 1987 graduate of Central High School. She was very active in the Centralia community and had a great desire to help others. She served on the North Wamac Grade School Board and Balloon Fest Steering Committee. Beth was a president of the Sub Deb sorority and co-owner of The Design Team in Centralia.
Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. today at First Baptist Church in Centralia.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Wednesday at the church. Graveside committal service will be held at 2:30 p.m. Wednesday at Lorimier Cemetery in Cape Girardeau.
Hillcrest Funeral Home and Cremation Center in Centralia is in charge of arrangements.
Memorials may be made in memory of Beth to the children of Beth Rodgers and will be accepted at First Baptist Church or Hillcrest Funeral Home.