- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
KELSO, Mo. -- Rose Dominica Georger, 90, of Kelso died Saturday, Jan. 17, 2009, at The Lutheran Home Assisted Living in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Jan. 20, 1918, in Chicago, daughter of James and Mathilda Heinrich Tuccy. She married Mat August Georger on Aug. 20, 1955, in Chicago. He preceded her in death on Dec. 24, 1998.
Rose worked as an operator for AT&T Longline. She later received her Bachelor of Arts degree in special education and taught for 22 years in the Benton, Mo., and Scott City schools. She was a member of St. Augustine Catholic Church in Kelso and its Ladies Sodality. She was also a member of the Retired Teachers Association.
Survivors include a brother, Victor Tuccy of Glenview, Ill.; a sister, Yolanda "Dollie" Treiber and a sister-in-law, Marie Tuccy, both of Chicago; 26 nieces and nephews; and numerous great-nieces and -nephews.
She was preceded in death by her parents; her stepmother, Mary Zellner; and two brothers, Anthony "Tony" and Vincent "Wynn" Tuccy.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. Tuesday at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Scott City. There will be a parish prayer service at 7 p.m.
The funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Wednesday at St. Augustine Church in Kelso, with the Rev. Oliver Clavin officiating. Burial will follow in the church cemetery.