- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)36
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
Effie Mae Smith
DELTA, Mo. — Effie Mae Smith, 86, of Delta died Saturday, Jan. 17, 2009, at the Chaffee Nursing Center.
She was born Jan. 13, 1923, in Bollinger County, Mo., daughter of Jesse and Lillie McIntosh Long. In 1938, she married Cletus Henry James in Bell City, Mo. He died Aug. 27, 1982. She married Charlie Smith in August 1984; he preceded her in death.
She attended Delta Pentecostal Church in Delta.
Survivors include three sons, Larry James, of Bloomsdale, Mo.; Joe James and Delbert James, both of Chaffee, Mo.; a daughter, LeVanda "Kay" Menz of Randles, a sister, Dorothy Licona of Ames, Iowa; 37 grandchildren; 40 great-grandchildren; and 10 great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by two sons, two sisters and a great-grandchild.
Visitation is from 5 to 8 p.m. today at Morgan Funeral Home in Advance, Mo.
The funeral is at 10 a.m. Tuesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Bobby Mouser officiating.
Interment is at Morgan Memorial Park in Advance.