- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Neighbors mystified over why man was killed by state trooper (05/03/16)21
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- 'American Pickers' visits Poplar Bluff (04/29/16)
Effie Mae Smith
DELTA, Mo. — Effie Mae Smith, 86, of Delta died Saturday, Jan. 17, 2009, at the Chaffee Nursing Center.
She was born Jan. 13, 1923, in Bollinger County, Mo., daughter of Jesse and Lillie McIntosh Long. In 1938, she married Cletus Henry James in Bell City, Mo. He died Aug. 27, 1982. She married Charlie Smith in August 1984; he preceded her in death.
She attended Delta Pentecostal Church in Delta.
Survivors include three sons, Larry James, of Bloomsdale, Mo.; Joe James and Delbert James, both of Chaffee, Mo.; a daughter, LeVanda "Kay" Menz of Randles, a sister, Dorothy Licona of Ames, Iowa; 37 grandchildren; 40 great-grandchildren; and 10 great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by two sons, two sisters and a great-grandchild.
Visitation is from 5 to 8 p.m. today at Morgan Funeral Home in Advance, Mo.
The funeral is at 10 a.m. Tuesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Bobby Mouser officiating.
Interment is at Morgan Memorial Park in Advance.