- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
ADVANCE, Mo. -- Paul VanGennip, 94, of Advance died Thursday, Jan. 1, 2009, at the Monticello House in Jackson.
He was born Sept. 22, 1914, at Dongola, Mo., son of John Franklin and Nellie Maude Sample VanGennip. He and Ruby Jane Fowler were married Sept. 2, 1939 at Marble Hill, Mo. She died June 30, 2000.
VanGennip was a retired farmer. He had been an Advance School bus driver for 20 years. He was also a member of the First Baptist Church of Advance.
Survivors include a son, Larry VanGennip of Advance; a daughter, Judy Sullinger of Advance; a brother, Grant VanGennip of Advance; six grandchildren; and 13 great-grandchildren.
Friends may call from 5 to 8 p.m. today at Morgan Funeral Home in Advance.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Monday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Eric Shrum officiating.
Interment will be at Bollinger County Memorial Park in Marble Hill.