- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)7
- Arrest warrants filed for six drug suspects in Cape (7/19/16)6
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Pincksten's newest renovation project: 328 S. Spanish St. (7/17/16)6
- Suspect in downtown Cape shooting ID'd in court (7/20/16)2
- Trooper-involved homicide case rests in prosecutor's hands (7/17/16)15
- Jackson's former police dog euthanized Monday (7/21/16)1
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)4
- Governor signs Rep. Swan bill that equalizes child-custody criteria (7/6/16)5
- Jackson roundabout on schedule, on budget (7/19/16)7
Joyce Elwood Stovall, 81, of Cape Girardeau died Thursday, Jan. 15, 2009, at the Lutheran Home.
He was born May 21, 1927, in Cape Girardeau, son of Emry Earl and Zula Beatrice Grayum Stovall.
Stovall had been a member of Grace United Methodist Church in Atlanta. He played football and was a 1945 graduate of Central High School. He also played for the Cape Girardeau American Legion baseball team. He attended Southeast Missouri State University and graduated from the University of Missouri.
He moved to Atlanta and worked with Ernst and Whitney six years. From 1980 to 1997 he owned an accounting company, Joyce Stovall, PC. He was a member of American Institute of CPAs and Georgia Society of CPAs. He moved back to Cape Girardeau in 2003.
Stovall served in the Navy from June 15, 1945, to Aug. 19, 1946, and again from 1950 to 1951.
Survivors include a sister, Shirley Penrod of Cape Girardeau; an uncle, Max G. Stovall of Cape Girardeau; three nieces, Karen Penrod of Cape Girardeau, Anita Patterson and Marlys Williams of Atlanta; two nephews, Keith Penrod of Festus, Mo., and Robert G. Brown III of Atlanta.
He was preceded in death by his parents and a sister, LaWanna Brown.
Friends may call from 4 to 6 p.m. Sunday at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Monday at the funeral home, with the Rev. William L. Burke officiating. Burial will be in Cape County Memorial Park.