- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)26
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Cape Girardeau woman killed in Thursday night interstate crash
ST. LOUIS - A Cape Girardeau woman was fatally struck by a car on Interstate 55 Thursday evening.
The Missouri State Highway Patrol crash reports website reported that Melena Z. Broglin, 31, ran into the path of a 1990 Jeep Wrangler driven by Richard L. Hearst, 47, of Green Park, Mo., at around 9:20 p.m. The Wrangler then struck Broglin, who was pronounced dead on the scene at 9:30 p.m.