- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
Cape Girardeau woman killed in Thursday night interstate crash
ST. LOUIS - A Cape Girardeau woman was fatally struck by a car on Interstate 55 Thursday evening.
The Missouri State Highway Patrol crash reports website reported that Melena Z. Broglin, 31, ran into the path of a 1990 Jeep Wrangler driven by Richard L. Hearst, 47, of Green Park, Mo., at around 9:20 p.m. The Wrangler then struck Broglin, who was pronounced dead on the scene at 9:30 p.m.