- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
Arnold, Mo., man arrested in Scott County for sex crime
BENTON, Mo. -- A 35-year-old Arnold, Mo., man was arrested Friday in Scott County after trying to meet what he thought was a 14-year-old girl to have sex with her, according to a news release from the Scott County Sheriff's Department.
Douglas M. Bone was in the Scott County Jail Friday night, charged with attempted second-degree statutory rape, two counts of attempted sexual misconduct with a child and four counts of attempted enticement of a child. His bond is set at $25,000 cash.
Walter said in the news release an undercover investigator posing as a 14-year-old female started chatting with Bone on the Internet in November, and the chats became sexual. During a chat session a few days ago, Bone made arrangements to travel to Benton to meet his chat partner, Walter said, only to be met by sheriff's deputies Friday morning.