- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Scott County man charged with statutory rape, sodomy
BENTON, Mo. — A Morley, Mo., man in being held in the Scott County Jail today, charged with eight sexual offenses that happened in Scott City and Chaffee, according to a news release from Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter.
Gary W. Calhoun, 51, is charged with six counts of statutory rape and two counts of statutory sodomy.
Police allege that Calhoun began sexually assaulting a girl when she was 10 and the abuse continued until she was 14, according to the news release.
In May 2007, Calhoun pleaded guilty to DWI in Scott County court. He pleaded guilty to distribution of a controlled substance in January 2008 in Scott County.
Calhoun's bond is set at $100,000 cash-only.