- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Aulcey "Pee Wee" Huffman, 79, of Cape Girardeau died Wednesday, Jan. 14, 2009, at the Lutheran Home.
He was born Sept. 17, 1929, in Walters, La., son of Charlie Carter and Tullie Violet Ganey Huffman. He and Genice K. Silman were married July 30, 1966, in Cape Girardeau. She died Aug. 16, 2007.
Huffman served in the Army during World War II.
He was a longtime Cape Girardeau County resident. He was a member of First Free Will Baptist Church. He was most recently a truck driver for Midway Dairy Farms in Jackson and previously had been with Nip Kelley Trucking many years.
Survivors include his stepmother, Janie Huffman of Louisiana; four daughters, Jennifer Violet Tapley and husband Justin of Thebes, Ill., Anita Cowan, Debbie Wagley and Connie Sue Thorpe; four sons, Curtis, Billy, Frankie and Eddie Joe Huffman; a brother, William Lynn Huffman and wife Mildred of Jena, La.; a half brother, Donnie Ray Huffman of Louisiana; a nephew, Lynn Huffman of Louisiana; grandchildren, Zachary Wayne Brim, Carmen Justine Danielle Tapley, Allen Carey Froust, Shanna Froust, Curtis Huffman Jr., Angela Stanley, and a host of other grandchildren and great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents, Charlie Carter and Tullie Violet Ganey Huffman; wife, Genice K. Silman Huffman; and a daughter, Patti Huffman, who died Oct. 10, 2007.
Friends may call from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Saturday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Donny Ford officiating. Burial will be in Stanfield Cemetery at Clarkton, Mo.
Memorials may be made to Safe Harbor Animal Sanctuary.