- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Rose Lee Hawk, 69, of Cape Girardeau went home to be with the Lord on Thursday, Jan. 15, 2009. She passed away at Saint Francis Medical Center.
She was born Jan. 2, 1940, in Bell City, Mo., daughter of Charles and Grace Widner Hager. She and Lester Hawk were married May 10, 1957, in Rochester, N.Y. He preceded her in death.
She was a member of Fellowship Baptist Church in Cape Girardeau. Hawk worked at International Shoe Co. more than 10 years. She was a caregiver for Ray S. Duncan more than 17 years.
She enjoyed her family and church family.
Survivors include a daughter, Sherry Hawk of Cape Girardeau; a brother, Joe Hager of Cape Girardeau; a sister, Linda Hess of Jackson; three granddaughters, Mindy Harper, Heidi McIntosh and Jessica McIntosh, all of Cape Girardeau; five great-grandchildren, Christopher Conway, Brandi Walls, Cameron Walls and Julius McIntosh, all of Cape Girardeau, and JaLeah Hess of Jackson.
She was preceded in death by her parents.
Friends may call from 11 a.m. to noon Saturday at Ford and Sons Sprigg Street Funeral Home.
The funeral will be at noon Saturday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Bud Schott officiating. Burial will be in Lorimier Cemetery.
Memorials may be made to Fellowship Baptist Church.