- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/01/16)
PERRYVILLE, Mo. — Helen C. Welker, 93, of Perryville died Thursday, Jan. 15, 2009, at her home.
She was born June 6, 1915, in Perry County, daughter of Joseph and Theresia Sauer Buchheit. She and Elmer M. Schott were married May 18, 1933. He died Feb. 18, 1946. She then married Rudolph T. Welker June 5, 1976. He died Aug. 27, 2001.
Welker was a seamstress at Ollie Moore Dress Factory and was a housekeeper for St. Vincent de Paul Parish in Perryville. She was a member of St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church and the Ladies Sodality.
Survivors include two sons, Leo Schott of Charleston, Mo., John Schott of Chaffee, Mo.; three daughters, Connie Schrader of St. Peters, Mo., Ann Kielhafner of Chaffee, Mary Boxdorfer of Perryville; a brother, Rudolph Buchheit of Biehle, Mo.; a sister, Lorene Kutz of Perryville; 17 grandchildren; 27 great-grandchildren; and a great-great-grandchild.
She was preceded in death by four brothers, a sister and a stepson.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. today and from 6:30 to 11:50 a.m. Saturday at Miller Family Funeral Home in Perryville. Parish prayers with the Ladies Sodality will be at 7 p.m. today. The rosary will be recited at 9 a.m. Saturday at the funeral home.
Funeral Mass will be at noon Saturday at St. Vincent de Paul Church, with the Rev. Milton Ryan officiating. Burial will be in St. Maurus Cemetery at Biehle.