- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)31
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Andora E. Peetz, 92, of Cape Girardeau passed away Wednesday, Jan. 14, 2009, at the Lutheran Home in Cape Girardeau, where she resided the past four years.
She was born July 16, 1916, in Cape Girardeau, daughter of the late Edwin and Emma Rau Keller. She and Ferdinand "Ferd" Peetz were married March 5, 1939, in Tilsit. He passed away Dec. 11, 1992.
Andora attended the former Pecan Grove Elementary School and was a graduate of the former College High School in Cape Girardeau.
She was a faithful member of the Evangelical United Church of Christ of Cape Girardeau. She was loved deeply and will be missed by all who knew her kindness and beautiful smile.
Loving survivors include a son, Elmer D. (June) Peetz of Cape Girardeau; a daughter, Barbara Jo (Kenneth) Sample of Cordova, Tenn.; six grandchildren, Dana (Tim) Cook of Cape Girardeau, Dean (Sejal) Peetz of Nashville, Tenn., Steven (Sheryl) Sample of Conway, Ark., Dawn (Jeff) Baker of Sullivan, Mo., and Dustin and Dylan Peetz of Cape Girardeau; and six great-grandchildren.
In addition to her parents and husband, she was preceded in death by two sisters.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. today at McCombs Funeral Home in Cape Girardeau.
The funeral will be at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Dan Johnson officiating. Interment will follow in Cape County Memorial Park in Cape Girardeau.
In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to Evangelical United Church of Christ.
Sympathy messages may be sent to the family online at www.mccombsfuneralhome.com.