- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Viewership up for second night of 'American Idol'
NEW YORK -- The second night of "American Idol" delivered an unexpected gift to Fox: a bigger audience.
An estimated 30.5 million people tuned in Wednesday to television's most popular program, up from the 30.3 million the night before for the eighth season opener.
Nielsen Media Research said it's the first time in five years that the audience increased from the first night to the second, a development Fox attributes to good word of mouth about the first night.
"We're thrilled," said Mike Darnell, chief of alternative programming at Fox.