- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Southeast players get OVC honors
Southeast Missouri State University's 35-7 win over Tennessee-Martin Saturday has netted the program a pair of Ohio Valley Conference honors.
Junior cornerback Kellin White is the OVC defensive player of the week and sophomore punter David Simonhoff is the conference special teams player of the week, the league announced Sunday.
White returned two interceptions for touchdowns Saturday, 61-yard and 35-yard scores in the third quarter that helped turn what had been a 7-7 halftime tie into a blowout.
White has four interceptions this season, three of which he has returned for touchdowns. He is tied for fifth in the OVC and ranks 22nd nationally in interceptions per game.
Simonhoff averaged 51.5 yards on six punts Saturday, including kicks of 82 and 71 yards. He ranks second nationally with a league-high average of 46.4 yards per punt.
Tennessee-Martin freshman tailback Donald Chapman was named the OVC offensive player of the week and newcomer of the week after rushing for a school-record 272 yards on 41 carries against Southeast.