- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
McCLURE, Ill. — Mary Burchyett, 73, of McClure died Tuesday, Jan. 13, 2009, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
She was born April 1, 1935, in McClure, daughter of Dolphus and Thelma Darnell. She married Claude Earl Taylor, who died July 27, 1969. She later married Lester R. Burchyett, who died March 26, 2008.
Burchyett was a member of McClure Baptist Church and was a hairdresser 40 years. She also volunteered at McClure Grade School in recent years.
Survivors include two sons, Claude Taylor II and Dennis Taylor of McClure; a stepdaughter, Betty Lou Griffith of Cape Girardeau; three sisters, Ruby Theis of Millstadt, Ill., Vickie Mayberry of Jonesboro, Ill., Debra Black of Massachusetts; a brother, Larry Bartlett of Sedgewickville, Mo.; five grandchildren; and 12 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents and two brothers.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. Friday and from 10 a.m. to service time Saturday at McClure Baptist Church.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at the church, with Paul Mayberry, Bill Joyce and Randy Morgan officiating. Burial will be in Lindsey Cemetery.
Crain Funeral Home in Anna, Ill., is in charge of arrangements.