- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
NEW MADRID, Mo. — Linda Ellen Spitler, 61, of New Madrid died Monday, Jan. 12, 2009, at Barnes-Jewish Hospital in St. Louis.
She was born Dec. 21, 1947, in Cape Girardeau, daughter of Theon and Cornetta Seyer. She and Charles Spitler were married June 27, 1970, in Kelso, Mo.
She was a retired teacher and had taught PSR classes at Immaculate Conception School in New Madrid, for Manpower's development training courses, and 25 years at New Madrid County School District. She was also secretary for the Immaculate Conception School Board many years.
Survivors include her husband; a son, John Spitler of Kirkwood, Mo.; two sisters, Marilyn Levan of St. Louis and Judy Bane of Cape Girardeau.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. today at Immaculate Conception Church, with the Rev. Randy Tochtrop officiating. Burial will be in Evergreen Cemetery.
Richards Funeral Home in New Madrid is in charge of arrangements.