- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
James John Diebold, 59, of Scott City died Monday, Jan. 12, 2009.
He was born June 20, 1949, in Cape Girardeau, son of Herman Joseph and Ella Caroline Felter Diebold. He was formerly married to Diane Barton of St. Louis.
Diebold was a former member of Knights of Columbus Council 6420.
Survivors include two sons, Kevin Lehnert and family and Michael Diebold and family of St. Louis; a daughter, Tami Diebold of St. Louis; four brothers, Joe (Barb) Diebold, David (Paula) Diebold of Kelso, Vince (Diane) Diebold of Jackson, and Bob (Marie) Diebold of Stone Mountain, Ga.
He was preceded in death by his parents.
A memorial Mass will be held at 10 a.m. Saturday at St. Augustine Catholic Church in Kelso, with the Rev. Oliver Clavin officiating.
Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel is in charge of arrangements.
His body was donated to science at his request.