- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)31
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
MARBLE HILL, Mo. -- Verona Loveda Davis, 76, of Marble Hill died Saturday, Oct. 30, 2004, at the Elder Care Center of Marble Hill.
She was born March 4, 1928, daughter of Leo and Leona Randall Brown. She and Charles Davis were married in 1947. He died Feb. 2, 1992.
Davis was a retired cook for River Transportation Barge Line and a former member of the VFW Ladies Auxilary. She was a member of New Sylvan Baptist Church.
Survivors include four sons, Clifton Davis of Marble Hill, Larry Davis of Burfordville, Mo., Don Davis of Dyersburg, Tenn., and Wayne Davis of Milford, Del.; a sister, Juanita McGee of Union City, Tenn.; three brothers, Charles Brown of Marble Hill, Glen Brown of Jackson, Loyd Brown of North Dakota; five grandchildren; and eight great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by two brothers and a grandson.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. Tuesday at Hutchings Funeral Chapel.
Funeral will be at 2 p.m. Wednesday at the funeral chapel, with the Rev. David Jordan officiating. Burial will be in Mount Zion Cemetery.