- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
ADVANCE, Mo. -- Edith Francis Howard passed away Monday, Jan. 12, 2009, at her home in Advance at the age of 83.
She was born June 19, 1925, in Ancell, Mo., to the late Frank and Mildred Burgess. She married Clyde F. Bock April 3, 1943, who preceded her in death Jan. 14, 1950. To this union a daughter, Patsy Jean, was born.
Edith married Bert L. Howard on Aug. 11, 1950, and he preceded her in death Feb. 20, 1998.
She was also preceded in death by brothers Howard, Jack and Gerald Burgess.
Edith worked at the Ben Franklin Store in Advance from 1966 to 1984. She enjoyed sewing and doing crafts. She made many Raggedy Ann and Andy dolls that are now throughout the country.
She will be greatly missed by her daughter, Patti (Patsy Bock) Barks and husband James of Rolla, Mo.; grandchildren, Shane Barks and wife Cheryl of Rolla, Tim Barks and wife Charlotte of Calhan, Colo., and Gina McDonald and husband Dennis of Longview, Texas; 10 great-grandchildren; nieces; nephews; extended family; many friends; and her beloved dog, Chelsea.
Visitation for family and friends will be from noon to 1 p.m. Thursday at Morgan Funeral Home in Advance, followed by the funeral at 1 p.m. officiated by the Rev. Fred Ritter. Interment will follow in Morgan Memorial Park.
All arrangements are under the direction of Morgan Funeral Home in Advance.