- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Louisiana murder suspect arrested in Cape Girardeau after high-speed chase
The Missouri State Highway Patrol, assisted by Cape Girardeau police, captured a Louisiana murder suspect on Interstate 55 near Center Junction around 5 p.m.
The suspect's vehicle came to rest against a guardrail after running over stop sticks deployed by the Cape Girardeau Police Department.
Cape Girardeau police Sgt. Rick Price said police deployed stop sticks at Bloomfield Road and I-55 and also just south of Center Junction. When the suspect's vehicle hit them near Center Junction traveling northbound, the vehicle spun around so that it was facing south, but the driver continued to try to drive north in reverse until the vehicle spun and hit the guardrail.
When the suspect refused to exit the vehicle, police broke the windows on both sides and arrested the suspect without incident.