- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
CAIRO, Ill. -- Zita A. King, 85, of Cairo died Sunday, Jan. 11, 2009, at her home.
She was born May 11, 1923, in Cairo, daughter of George and Leo McNamara Johnson. She married Howard E. King, who preceded her in death.
King was a member of St. Patrick's Catholic Church.
Survivors include two daughters, Elleen Mortimer of Mission Viejo, Calif., Carole Drevno of Martinez, Calif.; a son, Joel King of Cairo; and 10 grandchildren.
Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Wednesday at St. Patrick's Church, with the Rev. Jerome Fortenberry officiating. Burial will be in National Cemetery in Mound City, Ill.
Barkett Funeral Home in Cairo is in charge of arrangements.