- Feds ask judge to impose $6.5 million punishment for Cape surgeon (12/7/17)9
- Light and music show: Jackson family goes high-tech with Christmas display (12/11/17)
- Former Wimpy's Drive-In owner Freeman Lewis dies (12/9/17)2
- Makeover at the movies: Transformation complete inside Cape theater (12/8/17)4
- Jury convicts Scott City man who confessed to murder; girlfriend's testimony corroborates confession (12/9/17)
- Sugarfire Cape barbecue restaurant to open June 2018 (12/7/17)
- Pedestrian struck on Broadway (12/11/17)4
- Two Cape County residents, including former Jackson police officer, face burglary charges in Colorado (12/12/17)
- Wind brings down Wendy's sign in Cape Girardeau (12/11/17)2
- Harbor Freight Tools plans to move ahead with Cape Girardeau store (12/5/17)2
Workers pool tips for tropical holiday
BOISE, Idaho -- Employees at an Idaho pizzeria are using more than $115,000 earned from tips over the past 13 years to pay for a weeklong tropical vacation.
The Idaho Statesman reports that two locations of Flying Pie in Boise will close starting today so that 54 current and former employees and eight guests can go to Costa Rica. The guests paid for a portion of their costs.
The workers at two locations had been investing 10 percent of their tips toward a trip to Hawaii since the mid-1990s. The pizzeria workers pulled the money out last year after deciding to go to Costa Rica instead.