- Waller deemed competent to stand trial (1/11/17)5
- Young Elvis impersonator from Bernie performs on 'Ellen DeGeneres Show' (1/12/17)
- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)7
- 113 drug tests at Jackson High net one instance of illicit usage (1/11/17)15
- Two men shot after argument; houses also struck by bullets (1/12/17)21
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)14
- Two Cape men recovering after shooting (1/13/17)
- Imo's Pizza will be added to Rhodes 101 convenience store in Jackson (1/10/17)16
- Wallingford proposes bill to collect sales taxes on online purchases (1/11/17)30
Workers pool tips for tropical holiday
BOISE, Idaho -- Employees at an Idaho pizzeria are using more than $115,000 earned from tips over the past 13 years to pay for a weeklong tropical vacation.
The Idaho Statesman reports that two locations of Flying Pie in Boise will close starting today so that 54 current and former employees and eight guests can go to Costa Rica. The guests paid for a portion of their costs.
The workers at two locations had been investing 10 percent of their tips toward a trip to Hawaii since the mid-1990s. The pizzeria workers pulled the money out last year after deciding to go to Costa Rica instead.