- Sikeston singer moves on with 'The Voice' (10/16/17)
- Past Rowdy the Redhawk mascot's identity revealed (10/15/17)
- College algebra to be removed from Southeast required curriculum (10/10/17)1
- Cancer will 'change your life, but it doesn't have to rule it' (10/8/17)
- Police chief, council: Cape Girardeau faces growing gun violence (10/17/17)4
- Developer asks court to OK tax district board for improvements near Hobby Lobby (10/17/17)4
- Bills addressing equal child custody to be filed, legislators say (10/13/17)
- Cape Christian School burglarized (10/18/17)
- The last person to be laid to rest at Old Lorimier Cemetery: Mary Russell Fox (10/17/17)2
- Load shift kills Jackson trucker (10/17/17)
Workers pool tips for tropical holiday
BOISE, Idaho -- Employees at an Idaho pizzeria are using more than $115,000 earned from tips over the past 13 years to pay for a weeklong tropical vacation.
The Idaho Statesman reports that two locations of Flying Pie in Boise will close starting today so that 54 current and former employees and eight guests can go to Costa Rica. The guests paid for a portion of their costs.
The workers at two locations had been investing 10 percent of their tips toward a trip to Hawaii since the mid-1990s. The pizzeria workers pulled the money out last year after deciding to go to Costa Rica instead.