- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/21/16)4
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- Perry County: A great place to find home away from home (10/14/16)
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Tours provide a glimpse of Cape Girardeau's supposedly haunted past (10/17/16)1
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)1
Workers pool tips for tropical holiday
BOISE, Idaho -- Employees at an Idaho pizzeria are using more than $115,000 earned from tips over the past 13 years to pay for a weeklong tropical vacation.
The Idaho Statesman reports that two locations of Flying Pie in Boise will close starting today so that 54 current and former employees and eight guests can go to Costa Rica. The guests paid for a portion of their costs.
The workers at two locations had been investing 10 percent of their tips toward a trip to Hawaii since the mid-1990s. The pizzeria workers pulled the money out last year after deciding to go to Costa Rica instead.