- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Frank William Denton, 89, of Cape Girardeau died Saturday, Jan. 10, 2009, at the Lutheran Home in Cape Girardeau.
He was born Oct. 23, 1919, in Lamont County, Mo., son of Frank C. and Emma Pickett Baldwin Denton. He and Theresa Berbeck were married June 16, 1946, in Cape Girardeau. She died Aug. 23, 1967. He later married Ruby Webb Sept. 7, 1968, in Farmington, Mo. She died Dec. 18, 2006.
Denton was a salesman with ABC Builders in Cape Girardeau, retiring in 1981. He purchased the Hobby Shop in 1981 and sold the business in 1986. He was a member of SEMO Modelers Club and held many offices, was an avid model airplane builder, was a member of Centenary United Methodist Church and served on various boards.
He is survived by a daughter, Diann Rae Daume of Cape Girardeau; two sons, Robert W. Denton of Temecula, Calif., Steven G. Denton of Austin, Texas; a stepson, Steve Beard of Stanley, Wis.; seven grandchildren; and 11 great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by a sister.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. Friday at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Jeff Long officiating. Entombment will be in Cape County Memorial Park Mausoleum.