- Jackson man to cast electoral vote for Trump; others trying to dissuade him (11/29/16)51
- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Former Cape council member dies, remembered as 'wonderful public servant' (11/29/16)1
- Hotel chain president: City should regulate short-term lodging (11/27/16)16
- Woman accused in three robberies disguised herself as man (11/29/16)5
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)25
- Officers: Delta man dies during domestic dispute (11/28/16)1
- Business notebook: New store shows faith in Scott City district (11/28/16)
- Missouri chamber to honor Cape's John Mehner (11/30/16)6
- Men who pulled father, son from burning car near Naylor honored by highway patrol (12/1/16)
The architects of Ponzi schemes
To the editor:
One of the great ironies of liberal-progressive-socialists is their claim to deal only with objective, scientifically measurable truth embodied in the tangible aspects of nature. Yet their history and their rhetoric gives us nothing concrete at all in the way of unbiased proof of their Utopian claims made with their dogmatic suppositions.
Liberal-progressive-socialism's intellectual hypotheses depend upon unquantifiable abstractions such as "humanity," "history," the "laws of history," the "world community," "workers of the world," the "proletariat" and "social justice." Nowhere in human history have these theoretical concepts had an objective existence, nor is their any truly successful examples of their dogma producing the utopia it espouses.
No true examples of independence, prosperity, and freedom? Talk about Ponzi schemes. Liberal-democrat-socialist policymakers are the architects of Ponzi schemes, which are the key attractions to liberal-progressives' gnostic religion of socialism.
JOHN McMILLEN, Sikeston, Mo.