- State declares test results for schools invalid (10/4/17)2
- College algebra to be removed from Southeast required curriculum (10/10/17)1
- Child-custody advocate: State law needs fix to provide parents with more equal custody (10/12/17)
- Past Rowdy the Redhawk mascot's identity revealed (10/15/17)
- Cancer will 'change your life, but it doesn't have to rule it' (10/8/17)
- Sikeston singer moves on with 'The Voice' (10/16/17)
- Police chief, council: Cape Girardeau faces growing gun violence (10/17/17)4
- Developer asks court to OK tax district board for improvements near Hobby Lobby (10/17/17)4
- Bills addressing equal child custody to be filed, legislators say (10/13/17)
- The last person to be laid to rest at Old Lorimier Cemetery: Mary Russell Fox (10/17/17)2
The architects of Ponzi schemes
To the editor:
One of the great ironies of liberal-progressive-socialists is their claim to deal only with objective, scientifically measurable truth embodied in the tangible aspects of nature. Yet their history and their rhetoric gives us nothing concrete at all in the way of unbiased proof of their Utopian claims made with their dogmatic suppositions.
Liberal-progressive-socialism's intellectual hypotheses depend upon unquantifiable abstractions such as "humanity," "history," the "laws of history," the "world community," "workers of the world," the "proletariat" and "social justice." Nowhere in human history have these theoretical concepts had an objective existence, nor is their any truly successful examples of their dogma producing the utopia it espouses.
No true examples of independence, prosperity, and freedom? Talk about Ponzi schemes. Liberal-democrat-socialist policymakers are the architects of Ponzi schemes, which are the key attractions to liberal-progressives' gnostic religion of socialism.
JOHN McMILLEN, Sikeston, Mo.