- City suspends liquor license for downtown Cape bar; owners say they want to fix problems (3/26/17)6
- Mall aboard: Future requires evolution at West Park Mall (3/24/17)24
- Legal discrimination complaint, ethics complaint filed in Scott City government (3/22/17)13
- Business notebook: Cape native goes from farm to mobile-food operation (3/20/17)1
- Former Southeast softball coach sues Board of Regents; seeks damages and her job back (3/23/17)15
- Former Scott City administrator: 'I was forced to resign' (3/21/17)6
- Triplett manslaughter case set for July 2018 (3/21/17)2
- Two people found dead in Advance house fire (3/21/17)
- Two Cape men charged with second-degree murder of Grandi (3/21/17)2
- Lawmakers put prevailing wage in crosshairs; laborers object (2/12/17)10
The architects of Ponzi schemes
To the editor:
One of the great ironies of liberal-progressive-socialists is their claim to deal only with objective, scientifically measurable truth embodied in the tangible aspects of nature. Yet their history and their rhetoric gives us nothing concrete at all in the way of unbiased proof of their Utopian claims made with their dogmatic suppositions.
Liberal-progressive-socialism's intellectual hypotheses depend upon unquantifiable abstractions such as "humanity," "history," the "laws of history," the "world community," "workers of the world," the "proletariat" and "social justice." Nowhere in human history have these theoretical concepts had an objective existence, nor is their any truly successful examples of their dogma producing the utopia it espouses.
No true examples of independence, prosperity, and freedom? Talk about Ponzi schemes. Liberal-democrat-socialist policymakers are the architects of Ponzi schemes, which are the key attractions to liberal-progressives' gnostic religion of socialism.
JOHN McMILLEN, Sikeston, Mo.